[rollei_list] Re: Digital Ciba{Ilfo)chrome

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 16:35:21 -0800

As I tried to say in my previous post, Cibachrome paper is Cibachrome paper. There is no such thing as "digital" Cibachrome paper. It is just the fact that regular everyday Cibachrome paper is used in a digital printer. Lasers or diodes rather than a lamp house and lens. It is glossy paper. A very high gloss.

http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/prod_html/ilfoclassic/pdf/CPS_CLM.pdf

Jim

At 03:10 PM 12/23/2005, you wrote:
What type of paper is digital Cibachrome, matt or glossy?

Doug Nygren

On Dec 23, 2005, at 1:42 PM, Jim Brick wrote:

Digital Cibachrome is simply regular Cibachrome polyester paper (a large roll) in a printer like a LightJet, Chimera, or Durst Lamda printer. This is basically the only way you can make very large prints. A LightJet can print up to 50"x96". The XL version can print up to 75"x120". Attached to the LightJet is a roller transport Cibachrome processor running the p3X or P3XL process...