[rollei_list] Re: Digital Advice

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 14:59:19 -0700

But the M8 is a very expensive digital camera. So unless you have some extra
cash it may not be justified.
Much cheaper to buy a Digital Rebel, or for those with Nikon glass a D40x,
and use that. $700 is a lot less that $5,000.
Especially when you know the digital body will be obsolete in only a few
years, much different than when we had film bodies that would not be
obsoleted so quickly.

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > The Price of Analog hardware was very expensive if you wanted good
> > stuff-Noctilux, Lihoff with Zeiss glass etc. I think that the cost of
> film
> > and processing depends very much on the style of shooting. Thirdly, the
> > price of film and processing has been radically lowered in Hong Kong at
> > least. Thanks to digital.
> >

> Marvin most this stuff you name here, Noctilux, Zeiss glass in not
> exclusively in the analog realm at all.
> Work done with this glass on film cameras can be scanned;
> Or digital backs can be used.
> Many people are using a Noctilux on their M8's for digital captures.
> Though it gives them in effect a 66.5mm f1 lens.
>

> In SLR camera systems a DSLR is just a seemingly minor edition.
> Just another body.
> But then you realize in your work - output its not just an SLR with a D in
> the front of it. Its a bit more enabling than that.
>
> But all your glass is going to work or most of it. You're lenes just get a
> little longer but that's not a big deal just get one wider than you had
> before and you're even. Or more than even as you have an in effect a longer
> lens on your long end as well.

> Mark William Rabiner

Peter K
Ó¿Õ¬