[rollei_list] Re: Digital Advice

  • From: FRANK DERNIE <frank.dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 08:23:49 +0100 (BST)

For me the cost was simply the camera and printer. I
already had lenses and a computer, the software came
with the camera. The printer, capable of bigger than
A3 prints, was about $800, about the same as my
enlarger and the 2 lenses I used for MF and 35mm. It
produces prints effectively better than I usually got
in my darkroom, which I have now dismantled and
regretfully put in storage. I haven't the heart to
sell anything.
Doubtless if one has everything one needs in a camera
and darkroom and doesn't shoot many photographs going
digital doesn't make much financial sense, but
photography as an enjoyable hobby has never made any
sense financially.......
Frank