[rollei_list] Differences between Rolleinar variants

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rolleiusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 21:28:46 +0200

I have two Rolleinar 1 sets in Bay III, and while cleaning the glass surfaces noticed that there are a few differences between them. Both appear to work correctly, so this is mostly just for my own curiosity.

One is marked:
Heidosmat-Rolleinar 1               Germany            RIII
all in white letters (and black engraving on the side of the barrel)

The other is marked:
Heidosmat-Rolleinar 1 R Franke & Heidecke Germany
in white letters except for the R, which is in red.

Holding them up to the light, both appear to be coated (bluish purple reflection), so I was curious if anyone knew what the differences are.

Cheers,
Thor