[rollei_list] Die Quadratur des Kreises....

  • From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 09:12:36 -0400

Pretty disappointing Quadrat issue. The featured photographs had a little bit of an "emperors-new-clothes" effect on me. I guess you can call anything art these days if you get someone to print it and give it a creative title ("flutter", "one-months-after"). And you can always make a virtue out of a bad color cast... ;-) Give me a Fritz Henle any time.

As for the Hy6. Mildly interesting. This camera would be really exciting if you could remove that awkward handgrip and advance it manually with an optional crank as a "compact" 6x6 travel camera. Anyone have a brochure that shoes all sides of it close-up?

I guess I will stick with my TLR or an older Hassi for now.
Jan

Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 12:42:26 -0300 (ART)
From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] F&H magazine "Quadrat" number 2

The F&H magazine Quadrat (nº2)is available on line in
the F&H site, it has interesting articles and images
about two Japanese photographers and news on the
Rolleiflex Hy6:

http://www.franke-heidecke.net/files/images/ QUADRAT_No2_Urban_Poetry_EN.pdf