[rollei_list] Re: Dev or Camera prob?

  • From: "John Wild" <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 20:52:10 +0100

I use an HP scanner to scan prints and some 35 film stock. I get dust
marks on the scanned files. I know the glass plate is clean (top and
bottom sides) and also the scanned image. The dust must be in the
optical train of the scanner somewhere. This cannot be in too many
places because the dust is mostly in focus. I have had the scanner to
pieces and cleaned it as far as possible but with little improvement. I
know it must be the scanner because if I move the print on the glass,
the dust stays in the same position but the image has moved. Frustrating
but Photoshop does remove most quite easily.

John