[rollei_list] Re: Decline of Rollieflex/Film

  • From: "Jeff Kelley" <jlkphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 13:43:14 -0700

A digital photographer can easily get by without the cost and frustration of
a pro-level printer by using a lab such as West Coast Imaging or Bay Photo
Lab. (there are others, of course)
www.westcoastimaging.com
www.bayphotolab.com

This is VERY common with wedding photographers.

I've used WCI for all my pro printing on images larger than 13x19.  Digital
files printed on "real" photo paper developed in chemicals, or they also do
high-end Epson inkjet prints on a choice of papers.  I haven't spent
anywhere near $1000 on ink in the last decade, let alone per month!

One can upload digital files and prints arrive via FedEx - or they can scan
your film and produce prints.

I also use a DSLR that is antique by many standards but still provides
quality images that still sell today & it uses all my Nikon glass purchased
over many years.

I love film and have many more film cameras than digital, but to think one
can't get professional QUALITY digital output, comparable to film, without
spending a fortune is simply no longer true!

Jeff