[rollei_list] Re: Darkroom worries

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 13:27:25 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Truong H.X Truong" <truongthx@xxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 6:58 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Darkroom worries

Dear,
I just setup a darkroom, I have an Opemus 5 and Schneider Componon-S: 50/2.8 & 80/4. With 6x6 film, I could use 50/2.8 to enlarge the film? I think the edge of photo won't be sharp as I use 80/4 when enlarge the same photo's
measure.. It's right?

Thanks,
Xuan Truong

I have both of these lenses and both are excellent. The 50mm lens will not cover a 6x6 negative. Its not just that the edges are not sharp its vignetting, the lens just doesn't have enough coverage. The 80mm lens is designed for 6x6. The 50 could be used where you want to crop the image greatly but you will have to mount the negative so that the part you want to use is close to the optical center of the lens.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx