[rollei_list] Re: Dad's cameras

  • From: Michiel Fokkema <michiel.fokkema@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:02:48 +0200

Dan Kalish wrote:

My late father was interested in photography as a hobby.  We learned
darkroom processes together.  AFAIK, he had a Kodak folding Hawk-Eye, a
Voigtlander Avus, a Practica and later on a Konica and an Omega.

Now that my mother has passed away, I've been rummaging through the papers.
I came across a 1980 insurance claim which lists a Konica Auto S3 Hexanon f
1.8 - $150, Rollei 35mm with f 3.5 Zeiss Tessar - $170 and Leica M3 for
$1814.

The Leica is further itemized,
$550 Leica M3 S3, chrome
$225, Leitz 50mm Summricron f2
$295 35 mm Leitz Summricron f2
$345 90mm elmarit f 2.8
$299 135mm Hekton 4.5
$100 case for M3 camera

$1,814 TOTAL.

Way to go, dad!

Not that it matters, but what would this equipment go for today?

Dan

Hi Dan,

Value greatly depends on the state of the items.
Let's say the stuff in is in good working condition without too much wear.
M3 $800-$1200
50mm Depends on the model $400-$600
35mm Depends on the model $400-$600
90mm Depends on the model $259-$400