[rollei_list] Dad's cameras

  • From: "Dan Kalish" <kaliushkin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Rollei Users Group" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:56:05 -0400

My late father was interested in photography as a hobby.  We learned
darkroom processes together.  AFAIK, he had a Kodak folding Hawk-Eye, a
Voigtlander Avus, a Practica and later on a Konica and an Omega.

Now that my mother has passed away, I've been rummaging through the papers.
I came across a 1980 insurance claim which lists a Konica Auto S3 Hexanon f
1.8 - $150, Rollei 35mm with f 3.5 Zeiss Tessar - $170 and Leica M3 for
$1814.

The Leica is further itemized,
$550 Leica M3 S3, chrome
$225, Leitz 50mm Summricron f2
$295 35 mm Leitz Summricron f2
$345 90mm elmarit f 2.8
$299 135mm Hekton 4.5
$100 case for M3 camera

$1,814 TOTAL.

Way to go, dad!

Not that it matters, but what would this equipment go for today?

Dan