[rollei_list] Cruising to the End: Middle-East Politics

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:07:41 -0400

At 07:37 PM 9/10/2007, Jerry Friedman wrote:
\
>I am always relieved when our best and most thoughtful
>people are able to find the true locus of evil: Jews. Oh,
>excuse me, it was Israel, not Jews, right? Only Jews who
>seek control over their own lives? is that it?

You are entirely missing the point I am making.

The State of Israel has a long history of both denying rights to its Arab citizens and to committing sins of commission by blasting away whenever an act of terrorism is committed against it. That is, if some Palestinian terrorist blows up an Israeli school, the result is the Israeli military action destroying twenty blocks of some Palestinian town. This is an absolute violation of those Nurmburg doctrines to which I find exception: you are not permitted to hold an entire populace guilty for the sins of the few. Sorry about that. But Israel has violated the Nuremburg Doctrines since its creation. For that matter, the execution of Eichmann, deserved or not, was a violation of these doctrines.

With a name like Small I'm supposed to be anti-Semitic? Oy vey! Everyone who has ever met me has presumed that I am of Jewish heritage and I do know some Yiddish and Hebrew. I do not know enough of either. But I do know that barbaric behavior is intolerable, whether committed by Communists or Israelis. It is simply intolerable. Doesn't that pretty much end this discussion, or are you going to try to explain why the Israelis doing to Palestine as Another Nation did to, say, the Ghetto in Warsaw is different?

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!