[rollei_list] Re: Create a NEW LIST

  • From: "Roger M. Wiser" <wiserr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:59:23 -0600

Pete, it may be that most on the Rollei List do not really use Rollei's that
much anymore and/or they are so experienced with the camera that just about
everything have already  been discussed several times over the years. I
notice diminished  items in the  Friday sale. When I first came on the list
about 7 years ago, there were more listings and much more response when
items were offered. There seemed to be more newbies coming on the list
looking for stuff  and discussing the elemental aspects of the Rollei they
had. Most on the list now seem to be quite advanced , except me of course.
Maybe the newbies have gone for the digitals now.

I am not complaining because I enjoy many of the off-list conversations.
Further, when one needs advice or a part or accessory the list is
invaluable.Also there seems to be less political tension since the other
list started.

PS Pete if you named a list "off topics" there is a danger that Rollei's
would be extensively discussed.