[rollei_list] Re: Computer for PhotoShop CS2

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 18:16:50 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeffery Smith" <jls@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2006 3:31 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Computer for PhotoShop CS2

Thanks much! I'll take a look for Sonys when I get back to New Orleans. I have been concerned about non-CRT monitors. I'll look for the Samsung as well. Thanks again!

FWIW I have a Sony VAIO about a year and a half old. I am very satisfied with it. This one was a second from the top of the line model when new. 2.2ghz processor, pretty large HD, and about a gig of RAM (it came with 250Kb). The OS is XP home edition with all updates. I run Photoshop 7 on it.
We have a lot of computers at work. In general I would advise using XP rather than Win 2K. Our Dell and HP machines have been pretty reliable.
Macintosh has fans who think they are superior to anything else. I think this was very true in the past but its probably head to head now. Macs have a set of vices all their own and are not immune from viruses, worms, hacking, etc., its just that there are fewer written for them. You will still need a firewall and anti-virus if you are going to put one on-line. Check up on what you will need in order to add peripherals like a printer or external hard drive.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx