[rollei_list] Re: Completely OT- Loudspeaker info a pop up question

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:21:41 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Akhil Lal" <alal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 2:36 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Completely OT- Loudspeaker info a
pop up question

> Richard,
>
> Have you any information on the torodial output
> transformers made by
> GenRad? I believe they were used in Kron-Hite amps.
>
> Regards,
> Akhil

   I have a couple of old GR cataloques with some data on
these transformers. I vaguely remember having a data sheet
with the terminal arrangements on it but I have no idea of
where it is now.
   GR originally designed this thing for a peculiar
single-ended push-pull amp they made for general purpose lab
work. One of its virtues is is very good isolation. I
remember seeing some published circuit where one was used in
an Ultra-Linear circuit.

Los Angeles, CA, USA