[rollei_list] Re: Completely OT- Loudspeaker info a pop up question

  • From: John Jensen <jwjensen356@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:20:33 -0800 (PST)

I don't think that Altec Lansing had a Peerless line
of speakers.  However, there was a highly regarded
transformer maker named Peerless that was acquired by
Altec Lansing.  Peerless output transformers were
highly regarded back in the golden age of audio.

Then along came David Hafler and Herbert Keroes
(spelling?) and formed Acrosound with their
transformers.  Hafler later spun off from Acro forming
Dynaco making audio output transformers which seemed
to be a knockoff of Acros.  Acro and Dynaco output
transformers were also highly regarded.

John