[rollei_list] Re: Completely OT- Loudspeaker info

  • From: Akhil Lal <alal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:07:00 -0500 (EST)

Perhaps I did not state it clearly.Than's what happens when you post in
the early AM hours. What I meant to say is that the the
ear's thershold is higher than the group delays produced by typical
crossovers, i.e. group delay is not audible.  TTBOMK, the only serious
study on this was by Blauert & Laws, published in the JASA. On music,as
opposed to pure tones, masking comes into play and makes it even harder to
detect.

There is increased interest in dipole speakers using moving coil
drivers. Several DIY dipole speaker designs can be found on the web. They
appear to be based on Linkwitz' earlier work, Frank, can you tell us a bit
more about your speakers? I know Watkinson in the UK was working on a
dipole design, is he the one who made yours?

Regards,
Akhil