[rollei_list] Re: Comparative Mutar 0.7x Planar 2.8 vs 3.5

  • From: Kirk Thompson <thompsonkirk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rollei List <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 13:40:26 -0700

This is Friday/for sale day, so I'll post a 0.7 Mutar that I used for almost a
year while looking for a RolleiWide or FW.
This Mutar has the basic setup for 3.5E-F; would need an adapter to use on 2.8.
When I got it, it came in a case (but not a box) and appeared never to have
been used.  Now it has the normal contact marks from screwing it on a camera.
I guess that makes it Mint –.  It has a hood, which is a pretty rare item by
itself.
Here are some photos shot with it – landscape, person, architecture, interior:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thompsonkirk/sets/72157631006401282/
The landscape is a scan with no post-processing.  For the pictures of the
Gladding McBean Ceramics factory, I was able to make 20x20" exhibition prints
from these Mutar shots.  They looked quite acceptable among regular 6-element
Planar prints, though the eagle-eyed folks from this forum surely could detect
differences in prints that large.
Rollei said it was OK to use the WA Mutar at f5.6 or preferably f8, but I've
always used f11 for flat surfaces and f16 for DOF.
I paid $695 for it and will accept a reasonable offer.
Kirk
(I'm attaching its picture, but I don't know if the Rollei List can accept
attachments.  If you want to see it, e-mail me privately at
thompsonkirk@xxxxxxxxxxx)