[rollei_list] Re: Cleaning Rolleinars

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 12:22:07 -0300

2011/7/4 Robert Meier <robertmeier@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Or had no coating to begin with?

Rolleiflex and Rolleicord TLR lenses were coated from middle 1949, the
coating is hard coating made in vacuum chambers. Rollei filters and
Rolleinars were coated from about 1950/51, the filters have a very
noticeable blue reflection and the earliest ones with coating have a
red "R" engraved in the filter ring. I have an early Rolleinar 1, bay
I, still with three pieces made by Rollei, the glasses have a very
strong blue/purpure reflection.

Carlos

PS: I have nothing to do with Carl Zeiss, but they sell an interesting
lens cleaning kit with instructions for the professional care of
optical components, and they know about lenses...
https://photo-shop.zeiss.com/en/Products/1216-071