[rollei_list] Re: Chrome Films

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 12:36:10 -0500

Peter -

This decline is actually what was anticipated about 5 years ago and is
not accelerating but slowing a bit from projections. Analog
photographic film is still a category which attracts public companies
with annual revenues in the hundreds of millions of US dollars.

We Philistines in Boston still have Color Services which runs E-6
daily, and which still produced optical traditional silver prints for
museums and galleries all over the world. Can you imagine? Traditional
optical silver prints... in a time when the more poorly informed
sooth-sayers and crystal ball gazers of the world (and this list!) had
predicted the demise of traditional photography years ago...

Eric Goldstein