[rollei_list] Re: Chrome Films

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 09:28:00 -0800 (PST)

It looks like your reading about the info was pretty partial Peter, Kodak is
suffering the general economical problems and while their revenues for Film
Capture and Photofinishing decreased 27% the 2008 fourth quarter, they also
decreased revenues 23% from digital bussiness for identical period, even more,
Consumer Digital Imaging Group full-year sales were $3.088 billion, a 5%
decline from 2007, sales for the fourth quarter were $958 million, a 30%
decrease from $1.372 billion in the prior-year quarter, in other words, Kodak
revenues decrease is more significant for their digital bussiness than for the
traditional Film Capture and Photfinishing segment: "The fourth-quarter loss
was driven primarily by lower volume and price/mix impacts, particularly in
Digital Capture and Devices, including lower intellectual property licensing
royalties, and unfavorable foreign exchange, partially offset by cost
improvements".
Kodak had earnings from Film and Digital segments in 2007.-

Carlos