[rollei_list] Re: Checking shutter speeds...Compur shutters reliability

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:54:44 -0300 (ART)

I read in the Rollei Technical Report that a
lubricated new or well serviced Compur shutter used
for the Rollei TLR cameras could be released 30,000
times before a shutter failure, if the shutter is used
regularly.
According this book, the main problem with lubricated
mechanical shutters like the Compur is that the
lubricant attracts dirt, if the shutter is not used
regularly the lubricant evaporates remaining the dirt
causing some of the problems we know. This is the
reason serious collectors and shutters and cameras
manufacturers maintain the shutter free of lubricants
for storage to avoid these problems. A Compur shutter
without lubricant could be released 5,000 times before
a shutter failure and this is the best way to keep a
mechanical shutter if the shutter is used scarcely, it
would be the case for collectors or photographers
using his cameras once or twice times per year.
An electronic focal plane metal shutter like the used
for the Canon Eos 1v can be released 120,000 times
before a shutter failure, but this isa differnet
shutter type.-

All the best

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).