[rollei_list] Re: Charging series 6000 batteries

  • From: John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 17:51:10 +0100

Slobodan,

I have just had 2 packs rebuilt with NiMH cells.

I was told to give them two 'bursts' on the Rollei charger to fully charge
them - allowing to cool between each one.

I have found that once 'fully charged' they only read '4' or '5' on the
battery charge state in the viewfinder of my 6008i. After a few days with
out use, the reading drops to '3'. They appear to be loosing charge. (???)
Is this just the way the camera reads charge state? In other words NiCd and
NiMH give a different output to the camera circuitry?

When running through a film, the display shows 'charge' during/immediately
after each exposure but the camera is quite happy to continue. I only put 2
films - 24 exp - through the camera. I have not tried it on continuous mode.

The packs and charger get hot in the Rollei charger - I would not want to
leave them unattended for too long.

How does the camera read the cell charge?

Any comments?

John