[rollei_list] Re: Catalog from the April 20th Rolleiflex factory auction

  • From: Hauke Fath <hauke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 11:49:22 +0100

On Fri, 13 Mar 2015 15:50:28 -0700, John Lehman wrote:
> I may have missed this earlier on the list, but here is the auction
> catalog for the former Franke & Heidecke GmbH factory [...]

Thanks for sharing...

After the first pang of depression, things come to mind.

"Die hard, reloaded."

"Wenn das der Führer wüßte..." - April 20th is Adolf Hitler's birthday.

While after the war the Germans piled all the guilt on his head, before
'45 anything that went wrong was blamed on incompetent followers - "If
only the Führer knew, he would surely fix things".

I remember Microsoft's Steve Ballmer stating they considered the
previous version of their products their strongest competition. That
certainly rings true for Rollei - what are the post-'82 TLRs against a
properly refurbished 3,5F or 2,8F? In the end, they seem to have
marketed towards the new rich in the far east - "people ho have
everything else already". Not a sustainable business model.

Rollei - may you rest in peace.

Cheerio,
hauke

--