[rollei_list] Re: Carl Zeiss Rolleiflex SL66 1:4/40 mm Distagon FLE HFT

  • From: Raid <ramin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 09:24:56 -0500

Hi Jerry,
I bought a vintage model SWC just recently, and I am excited about the
possibilities with this lens ( and camera). It is like a lens that has a ilm
ack (or the dameta) attached to it. The weight and size were the main factors
that make tnis camera-lens combination so attractive to me, considering the
reputation it has.

Dante Stella wrote me last week thst he compared critical focus for his Fuji
6x9 with zone focusing versus actual fousing, and he concluded that at the
micro level, actual lens focuding gives sharper iages.

With the SWC, focus is a guess.

Raid

Sent from my iPad