[rollei_list] Re: Carl Zeiss Rolleiflex SL66 1:4/40 mm Distagon FLE HFT

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 18:20:55 -0500

At 06:15 PM 9/29/2012, you wrote:
RUGers,

I am getting tired of the nattering about the 40mm Distagon for the Rollei 66 series. It is a monstrously large and heavy setup. Imagine 11 elements and all the attendant glass-air surfaces. Plus the price-- 3 Kilobuks.

For less than that, I have a Hasselblad SWC-M with 38mm Biogon and film magazine that weighs less than the aforementioned 40 mm Distagon alone. The Biogon is the undisputed leader in that focal length range for 6x6cm negatives.

No, Marc--- It is not offered for sale!

Jerry Lehrer

Jerry,

We'd all like to see some of your work with that super system you describe.

Post some pictures and put up the URL so we can see them.

Thanks,

DAW