[rollei_list] Re: Carl Zeiss Rolleiflex SL66 1:4/40 mm Distagon FLE HFT

  • From: John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:02:46 +0100

Eric,

I have found that by scanning at 2 or 3 different exposures – one under, one
over and one normally – and combining them in HDR software that I can get more
out of an image. If a transparency, there may not be enough in the shadows and
highlights to pull out anyway.

John

On 28/09/2012 07:12, "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A digital sure would have done better with capturing contrast... no detail in
the shadow areas that come through on the scan...

Eric Goldstein

--

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 1:59 AM, Uwe Wolfgang Steinke
<paintingwithlenses@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
awesome - digital cameras can hardly reach that!

2012/9/28 Chris Burck <chris.burck@xxxxxxxxx>

beautiful colors.

On Sep 27, 2012 6:33 PM, "Jim Brick" <jim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It depends on what your idea of affordable is...

I have one of these lenses for my SL66 and it is absolutely outstanding!

Here is an image via my 40mm FLE.

http://www.photomojo.org/Yellow_Field_Oak_Tree-.jpg

Jim Brick
Sunnyvale, CA