[rollei_list] Care and storage of B&W film?

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxx>
  • To: rolleiusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 17:43:25 +0100

I just pulled the trigger on another 100 rolls of APX100, should last me 4-5
more years unless I get really eager.

I’ve always understood that B&W emulsion is very stable, also long term, not
subject to the degredation and color shifts found in color film as it ages.

However, I thought I’d ask the wisdom of the group. The rolls expired in 2009,
but have been stored at a pro lab in a fridge (possibly freezer, not 100% sure)
until I bought them.

Should I freeze them? Refrigerate them? Put them in a cool cupboard and not
worry too much about it?

Thanks for any input/advice you can provide!

Cheers,
Thor