[rollei_list] Re: 'Cameras for millions' ...

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 10:35:45 -0300

Rollei 35 ergonomics are quirky a bit for some points, it is part of
its charm IMO. I also have big hands and find very easy to hold the
Rollei 35, I put the camera bottom on my two thumbs, the left index
finger and middle finger on the camera top above the viewfinder, the
right middle finger as an inverted "v" on the camera right side and
the right index finger on the shutter release button, iti is
comfortable to frame and to release the shutter; I hold the camera and
release the shutter with the right hand only for vertical shots,
sometimes using the left thumb and index finger as support for the
camera side that becomes the camera bottom.

Rollei 35 has been one of the preferred cameras for climbers and
several of them use it yet. I found this nice mountain shot with the
Rollei 35 at Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jay_berkley/234063350/in/photostream/

Carlos