[rollei_list] Re: 'Cameras for millions' ...

  • From: Edward Meyers <aghalidebw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 13:23:00 -0400

I have a Rollei 35 with Tessar lens. At one Photokina  a number of years ago
Horst Franke grabbed me and pulled me into the Rollei booth to google over
the newest version of his camera which is difficult to hold with my big
hands.... I don't use it any more. Quality of images from this camera are
excellent, however it does not seem to be designed for normal people.

Roger Bartske, former president of Rollei USA, photographed his climb of Mt.
Kilimanjaro, some years ago with a Rollei 35 and achieved wonderfully sharp,
well exposed photos, he told me.

Ed Meyers
formerly executive editor Popular Photography magazine