[rollei_list] Re: Camera Leather

  • From: dpurdy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 12:48:07 -0500 (EST)

Getting the leather off is pretty easy.  Just start at a corner with some
sort of semi sharp tool to get under the leather and slowly starting
peeling it up.  Just follow the least resistance and eventually you will
get it all pulled off.   The bare camera is a pretty cool sight to behold.
 Carefully clean old glue off if there is any.  I used alcohol for that.
I think that camera leather products come with adheasive on them.  If not
then I am sure many people will offer advice.  I used a contact cement and
just put the leather back on before the recommended drying time and it
worked fine.   I was told that if you let the contact cement dry to tacky
as per instructions it will bond a little too well.

I am not the greatest expert on this list and I am sure you will hear from
others.

Dennis