[rollei_list] Re: Camera Leather

  • From: dpurdy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 11:46:30 -0500 (EST)

Personally I would be very reluctant to send my Rollei in for that work.
I would much rather buy the kit and install it myself.

 I have never used their leather kits but I have replaced the leather on
the back, top and winder side of my rollei.  It isn't very difficult to
do if you have a well lit table to work at.  The most difficult thing I
have found so far is streching the leather around the black meter dial on
the side of the F.  I was warned by Todd Belcher about the difficulty of
replacing the leather on the back as the leather needs to go in under the
silver frame around the exposure guide.  However I went ahead and took
the leather off the back of my late model F and found that not to be
true.  The leather just fit tightly around the exposure guide.  Perhaps
on the earlier models like your Es, fitting around that exposure guide is
more difficult and needs to be tucked in.

I hope someday to be able to afford a second Rollei that I can cover in
black lizard skin.

Dennis Purdy