[rollei_list] Re: Camera Leather

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 16:38:41 -0500

I have a conservationist colleague who swears by Uhu products (the US
branch is in Readfield, Maine). She maintains that they pay very
careful attention to ph and other archival variables, and uses their
paper and photo adhesives all the time.

Eric Goldstein

--

On 12/23/06, Ferdi Stutterheim <fwstutterheim@xxxxxxx> wrote:
A similar product is the Uhu Kraft Powerblock. It is a "Kraftkleber"
in stick form, so it is less messy than a liquid product and you do
not have a drying time before the leather can be put on the camera. I
late friend of mine who was in Rolleiflex repairs used it all the time.

http://www.uhu.de/_uk/indexx.html

Click on "Our adhesives", then on "Universal, multi-purpose, and
contact adhesives" and look for the Uhu Kraft Powerblock.

Under "Contact" is a list of distributors in a number of countries.

As was mentioned before you do not need this for the Camera Leather
set but it is a good product if a corner of the original leather gets
loose. Just make sure both surfaces are free of old cement and clean.

Ferdi.

----
Ferdi Stutterheim,
Drachten, Netherlands.

Op 23-dec-2006, om 20:06 heeft Carlos Manuel Freaza het volgende
geschreven: