[rollei_list] C-22 Kodacolor-X negative

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 18:32:45 -0300

This photograph was one of my firsts attempts to get an “artistic”
composition  when I started to use the Rolleiflex 2.8C Xenotar, I was
16 years old.

The color negative film is Kodacolor-X (manufactured from 1963 to
1974), it was designed for the  C-22 process,  the direct C-41 process
predecessor. These films from the ‘50s and ‘60s almost have no data
along the strip, you can see the film type at the beginning and only
hardly visible numbers for each frame, there is no data for film speed
and if you don’t have the film beginning you don’t know what film it
is, at least it happens with the 120 B&W Perutz and Kodacolor.

These color negs were preserved within a dark box ( about two rolls, a
very little sample regarding the photographs I took at the time),
however despite they were rarely touched after to leave the lab in the
‘70s (I think, my sister has them) they are plenty of scratches, some
spots,dust etc., I don’t know the reason but even older B&W negs kept
under similar conditions look a lot better. Thanks to VueScan Infrared
clean I obtained a decent scan (I think):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/5561264224/