[rollei_list] Re: Buying first 6000 series camera

  • From: siufai@xxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 22:43:16 +0100

> I am a bit confused on the lenses...
> The PQ lenses should work on the 6006 and 6003 6008 cameras?  With the
> internal camera meter?

I have both the 6006 and the 6008 (original model, not the src1000, E, I or
I2). On the 6006, the PQ lenses works exactly the same as non-PQ. On the
otherhand, non-PQ lenses works on stop down AE mode on the 6008 and the lens
always makes a click and add some time delay between pushing the button and
exposure, even at full manual. But next to this, the combo works fine. Since I
use the 80mm most of the time I only have this lens in PQ; the 50mm Distagon
and 150 Sonnar are both older non-PQ lenses.

The 6006 does not have a grip so you have to hold is as a 'Blad. I bought the
6008 because of aperture priority AE, the grip, exposure compensation and the
1/3rd steps increment for the shutterspeed. After a while, I find I actually
don't really miss this a lot so I now use the 6006 as often as I use the 6008.

Best regards,

Siu Fai