[rollei_list] Re: Buying Frustrations: WTB Rolleiflex 3.5 F or E etc.

  • From: Paul Kollas <pkkollas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:13:05 -0700

On Aug 13, 2005, at 7:32 AM, Marvin Wallace wrote:

Can anyone help? I have a Graflex 6x9 which would appear to be an item of'
American design genius'.

In order to use it effectively I need a new Kalart rangefinder that will fit
this camera, can any one help me, or point me in the right direction to
acquire one.
Is this a Speed Graphic or the Single Lens Reflex? At any rate, if you intend to use different focal length lenses, a rangefinder would be useful only for one particular lens. You'd still generally use the ground glass for focusing any other lens.

Can anyone comment on these Cameras-the quality of the lenses and also its
ergonomics.
Kodak Ektars, and Schneider Xenotars are excellent.

In particular, I am thinking of mounting The Graflex with a Schneider
Xenotar, I would also like to try the 105 Voigtlander Apo Lanthar; has any
body tried either of these press camera lenses?
I have an 80mm Schneider Xenotar in addition to a 101mm Ektar for my 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 Pacemaker. The 80 is a nice lens, but doesn't completely cover the negative. Some vignetting.

pk --- Rollei List