[rollei_list] Re: Bokeh (was: Rolleicord IV, APX 100, bokeh)

  • From: Ardeshir Mehta <ardeshir@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 12:47:20 -0400

On 31-May-05, at 10:19 AM, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:

> I have seen some Xenar and Tessar photographs using the five blades
> diaphragm and now I could say that I prefer the ten blades
> diaphragm for the Xenar 3.5/75.

Yes, for good bokeh ten blades will always trump five.

Talking about bokeh: did any of you watch *Star Wars Episode III*?
While watching it I was struck by how well the CGI scenes were made
to simulate bokeh.

I mean, the entire city of Coruscant is computer-generated - there's
just a blue screen in the background! -  but whenever the camera
focussed on a face in the foreground, the CGI city faded into soft
focus with marvellous bokeh.

Cheers.