[rollei_list] Re: Bob Shell Is On Trial

  • From: "Mark A. Kay, M.D., Ph.D." <markay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 09:18:11 -0700

After seeing the post by jack, I agree this sounds tragic. I agree a few moments can change someone's life forever but it seems like if the allegations are true, it was more than a few minutes and that Bob Shell was on a self-destructive course. A 60 yo man and a 19-year having a love affair is not right, This woman had many problems and any 60 yo man who has a sexual love-affair in such a situation is tragic. Of course having a relationship and being accused of murder wrongs on a totally different scale.

At 8:58 AM -0700 8/25/07, Jerry Friedman wrote:
I have never met Bob, in the flesh. But I have known him
through his writings and activities and I have always
admired him for his willingness to share his knowledge and
his ironic sense of humor. . When I read these news
reports, my stomach sank.  I just sat there looking at the
screen. But, allegations are allegations and no more. Let
us hope that we have not heard all there is here and that
more information will explain things more completely.  But,
in any event, let us remember that life is complicated and
we have all been in difficult situations, if not something
quite as ....pregnant with potentially  bad results as
this.
Jerry

--- Jnswickard@xxxxxxx wrote:

 This is truly tragic.  A few minutes can change your
 life.
 Jack Swickard

 ************************************** Get a sneak peek
 of the all-new AOL at