[rollei_list] Re: Billingham Hadley large or not?

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 21:18:33 -0300

2010/9/30 Grégoire Jacques Vandenschrick <fa420324@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Now, I wonder, Khaki or Black this time, or maybe Sage?? And Canvas, which I
> really like, or FibreNyte, I don't know about??
>
> Any comment welcome about fabrics, colors, models :-)

I have a bag or backpack for each 120 and 35mm main camera and its
lenses and accesories, some are bigger than others and I interchange
them according necessities, they are from little to medium size and I
still need a very large one to avoid to carry several bags when
photography is a significant target for some trip or excursion.

I prefer the smallest bag to take portraits and cityscapes outdoors
with the TLR, I have two bags for the purpose, one of them is a green
canvas Lowepro Mini similar to the current Adventura series, it is a
toploading shoulder bag, the main compartment allows to load a TLR
with the ERC with room for some accesories and the secondary
compartment has room for films, accesories and/or a flash with the
Rollei 35, this is a very practical and comfortable bag, it has other
two little inner pockets.
The other one is a pretty ugly black and yellow polyester fabric
"Chenson" bag, this is a Korean design made in Paraguay, I'm very
satisfied with this bag because a few years ago I was carrying the
3.5F within it walking along a creek when I slipped on a stone and
felt into the water, the bag became submerged completely for several
seconds and I feared for the 3.5F very much, however the bag inner and
the 3.5F and accesories were 100% dry. This bag is very comfortable
too.
I tend to prefer canvas slightly, but this is a personal taste, the
polyester fabric demonstrated to be very effective to protect my
camera.