[rollei_list] Re: Best/Worst Rollei accessory was Re: Google Rollei archive search

  • From: Michael Eric Berube <pj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 09:38:41 -0400

Allen Zak wrote:

One good thing about bulbs: the Graflex flashgun fitting the Speed Graphic camera had a neat bulb ejector for #5 bulbs in the reflector socket. With it you could loft used bulbs up to 7 feet (2 meters) into a wastebasket, which I did often while sitting around the office.

George Lucus's FX department supposedly made great use of the Speed Graphic flash guns too...without the reflector, they were the basis for the first 'Light Sabres' that Jedi Knights carried in the original Star Wars epics!

When I was an Army Photog in the 80s, I used a "Combat Graphic" that we found in the bottom of an old wall locker for an occasional assignment, but we rigged it to use a Metz 45CT-1.

Carpe lumen,
Michael Eric Berube
GoodPhotos.com