[rollei_list] Re: Best/Worst Rollei accessory was Re: Google Rollei archive search

  • From: "Robert Meier" <robertmeier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 19:28:37 -0500 (CDT)

The nice quality of the light from a #5 or #25 flashbulb was because it was usually in a big reflector, 5", 6" or more across, and that meant the source of light was that big. Electronic flash provides, normally, a very small light source because the reflector built into the flash is, maybe 1" x 3" or so. Almost a point light source which provides tight, hard highlights and shadows. Not usually flattering.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>