[rollei_list] Re: Benser and LowePro Mini-magnum cases and others

  • From: "Jerry Laderberg" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 10:02:18 -0400

A former boss of mine carries his Hasellblad around in a plastic drink cooler,
figures no one expects anything but sandwiches, soda & ice.  So far, he's
correct.
      Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 21:22:57 -0400
      From: mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

        You can see an example of this at:

        http://www.galleria-e.com/cgi-bin/Colemans.storefront/en/product/370101

        GOOD luck getting it thought the SUBWAY.
        should be called “the saboteurs bag” you’d need your SABOTEURS UNION
CARD to get one.
        was it designed to hold blasting caps or the actual explosives
themselves? :)

        and that Mini Magnum just screams  “expensive geeky camera gear”.

        the direction camera cases have taken now is to play themselves down
not drawing attention to themselves.

        but his Colman bag draws attention to itself for just the opposite
reason. Almost.

        “don’t look at me I’m just the Unabomber!”
        Or “I'm only paying 5 bucks for this bag you think I’d have something
expensvie it it?”

        you guys know the “how do you fix a Coleman Stove” joke?

        I learned it right after I learned the one about the chicken crossing.

      Mark William Rabiner
      markrabiner.com