[rollei_list] Re: Bellows on 2.8D?...an answer from Mr Prochnow

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 15:44:41 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "J Patric Dahlén" <jenspatricdahlen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 9:30 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Bellows on 2.8D?...an answer from Mr Prochnow

>From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Aha!!! I just looked at three Rolleiflex's and my Rolleicord IV. There is a short tube at the back of the taking lens in the two older Rolleis (an "Old Standard" and a late MX), this tube appears to act as a sort of internal lens shade. The Rolleiflex 2.8E does NOT have this tube, rather it has the short bellows (or diaphragm or membrane or whatever). This also appears to act to prevent scattering of extra-image light, at least when the focus is racked out.

My 2,8F got this tube, but it's shorter than in my other Rolleis.

I don't understand what you mean by "bellows" in this case. To me it's just the tube at the back of the taking lens, moving in a felt light trap when focusing, that works as an internal lens shade and to prevent light leaks in to the film chamber.

/Patric

The F may be different from the E. The E has the cloth surround with a fold in it rather than the felt ring.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx