[rollei_list] Re: Bellows on 2.8D?

  • From: Todd Belcher <todd_belcher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:11:23 -0700

Jerry,

The 2.8 A and B have felt lining the inside of a metal ring that forms a light trap as the taking lens moves in and out. The taking lens moves back and forth in the felt surround. The 2.8 C, D, E and E2 have a rubberized cloth bellows in place of the felt light trap. The rubberized cloth bellows can be hard to see because there is sometimes a lens shroud on the back element of the taking lens that obscures the bellows. The E3 and F have the felt surround.

In the 3.5 cameras, the felt surround is used up until the MX-EVS. The E, E2 and early F (ring shutter) have the rubberized cloth bellows and the later F and E3 cameras have the felt surround again.

todd

On 17-Aug-05, at 6:46 PM, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

Richard,

I did that on my 2.8E2 and saw NO bellows. I won't
bother checking my 2.8F.

Todd could straighten this out.

Jerry