[rollei_list] Bay II graduated filter holder

  • From: bicycle551@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei list <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 19:18:40 +0000 (UTC)

I was going through my stuff to load up two cameras for a trip.  You know, film
into the cameras, grabbing a handful of spare rolls, getting the lens caps on
the cameras, and putting together a few filters and lens hoods.

Then I found this item I'd forgotten about.  In fact, at first I didn't even
recognize it.  It is a graduated filter holder designed to slip onto a Bay II
lens hood.   It is marked "Rollei 3.5".  Sure enough, I even had one graduated
filter, a Cokin smoke colored glass one.

I can't recall if I ever used it.  I may have been intending to employ it for
the 'perfect' lighting conditions and then it migrated to the back of the
camera cabinet.

Anyone have any experience using one of these jewels?  Worthless or
irreplaceable?  Does the coolness factor of one placed onto the front of the
3.5E outweigh the complication?  When I break the graduated glass filter, how
many stitches can I expect to need?

:; )

Actually, here is an previous discussion with much information from Carlos
dating back to 22 Apr 2009:

//www.freelists.org/post/rollei_list/Subject-Rollei-graduated-sky-filter-in-Efke-25-film-sheet,6

There is even a link to a photo of his camera sporting one.  It does look very
well dressed!

Best,

Steve