[rollei_list] Re: Battery charging question - Rollei 6008i

  • From: Håkon T Sønderland <hts@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 12:38:20 +0100

Thank you all for comprehensive answers, much appreciated.

I have a "N" charger. I have charged my new battery again and will be monitoring more scientifically how much charge is used.

Currently, after one half roll, it still shows 'Full' in the display.

I suspect the repair shop is using their lack of ability to find replacement cells as an excuse instead of doing the actual replacement. I don't know of an alternative for this kind of repair here in Norway, but I will certainly try to find somewhere else the next time. Thank you for the suggestion of Andrew Bell in the UK. Going over borders are always a bit of a hassle, but it might very well be worth it in this case.

Again, thank you for using your time to answer.

Best regards,
Håkon

John Wild wrote:
Further to Ferdi's comments,

I understand that the latest charger 'C' also has a discharge facility
'exercise' the batteries.

As far as the replacement cells are concerned:

The NiCd cells required are 2/3A size tagged cells. Sanyo Cadnica H500AC
are 500mAh and Cadnica KR600AE are 600mAh. They are readily available
and can be soldered together carefully. The actual 2/3A cell size is
17mm diameter by approx 28mm long. 8 cells are required in the pack.

There are a number of posts on the web, some are listed below:

http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/00KhvK
http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/006tER
http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/0076el

John

On 16/02/2009 21:16, "Ferdi Stutterheim" <fstutterheim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There have been 3 Rollei chargers for the 6000 series. I am not sure
about the description of the first one. The second one is the Charger
N. Probably the most common one. In an earlier message John gave the
"manual" for the Charger N. I have not used this first one but I
believe it has no pulse mode. The latest one is the Charger C with
much more colour signals.

I had the same problem with one of my batteries after many years of
service. I had the cells replaced. I am surprised your supplier could
not get the cells. Rollei uses very common Sanyo cells every battery
supplier will recognise at once. The only thing to mention is that
colour of the cells was changed from green to orange I believe.

A fully charged battery shows 9.6 Volt on pins 2 and 4 from the left
when the contacts face you and are down.

Ferdi.