[rollei_list] Battery charging question - Rollei 6008i

  • From: Håkon T Sønderland <hts@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 13:23:56 +0100

Hi List,

I have a question regarding the battery charger for the Rollei 6008i.

I got the camera used with a charger and two batteries.
Neither will last more than for about one film, so I thought that the batteries where at fault. I sent on in to be re-fitted with new cells, unfortunately the repair shop is unable to get the replacement cells so it is taking an awful lot of time.

In the mean time I bought a brand new battery from e-bay. It arrived fine and with all the packaging and looked brand new.

Unfortunately it does not last any longer than the other batteries.

Also the charge time was very short, less than one hour.

I'm worried that my problem is really the charger and not the batteries.

So a couple of questions:

1. What is the normal charging time for a battery (from empty)?
2. Is there any way of finding out if the charger is kaput?

Many thanks,
Håkon