[rollei_list] Automat 1

  • From: "Niels H. S. Nielsen" <nhsn@xxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 22:09:08 +0200

I have to share my excitement of a recent auction purchase.
For quite a while I have been looking for a functional prewar (WWII) camera
with an uncoated lens, and this one arrived today.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/forloren/5755489123/in/photostream

Given it's age (from around late 1930's I think), it looks beautiful. It
came with the leather case, manual, yellow filter and a bayonet hood - all
in good condition - and an old Blendux/Gossen lightmeter.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/forloren/5756032634/in/photostream/
I am not sure if it the latter is contemporary with the camera. I am
guessing it must be a selenium cell.

It is not a valuable camera, but I am amazed that a camera of that age
appear so simple, straightforward and well conceived.

Br
Niels