[rollei_list] Re: Attn: Jerry Lehrer + Dye Transfer Stuff

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:26:17 -0800

Richard Knoppow wrote:
I got a phone call and e-mail today from a fellow named Leonard Zoref who saw some corresponce I had with Jerry, probably on this list. He says Jerry worked for him in the 1950's and would be glad to answer questions about Dye Transfer, Flexichrome and Crawford who invented both. I've written him suggesting he contact Jerry (I hope that was OK) and, perhaps, join this list. He sounds like an interesting fellow.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richard,
Lenny Zoref was one of the finest gentlemen in the photo business that I have ever met. A true artist in the Dye Transfer medium.

I left the employ of Kurshan, Lang & Zoref in 1953 when I received my Masters degree in engineering.

Jerry