[rollei_list] Re: Attaching electronic flash top older Rolleis...

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:08:48 -0800

Hi Jan,

I use a Jones bracket. The one I have is specifically designed to accept a
Rollei as it has a built in quick release. They were bought out by a company
called Veach and make one with a flat bottom. You are probably better to use
that with a Rolleifix. I think the Jones are THE best brackets for Rollei.

Peter K

On Nov 23, 2007 8:44 AM, Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> What do people use to attach electronic flashes to their older
> Rolleis?  The availability of a left side hot shoe and TTL with SCA
> adapters is one of the main advantages of the SL66, GX and later
> Rolleis, but what if you have an older model?
>
> Mounting an angle bracket to the right side is pretty much out
> because it blocks access to the crank.  The left side works if you
> mount the bracket close enough and have long enough fingers to still
> reach the focussing knob. But it's definitely awkward.  Mounting it
> father away on the left makes the whole unit unbalanced.
>
> I use a very light weight angle bracket and an older but very well
> designed Metz 34 BCT 2 "computer flash" (3 f-stop zones) that has a
> 90 degree flippable shoe (like some Nikon models), so the reflector
> can be positioned off to the left of the camera to avoid red eyes and
> also roated  for indirect flash.
>
> Still, having to attach the flash with a bracket and PC cable is time
> consuming especially if you have to change film every 12 shots...
> Jan

Peter K
Ó¿Õ¬