[rollei_list] Re: Attaching Flashes to Rolleis

  • From: Dennis Purdy <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 08:14:12 -0800

I have the simple bracket and find it works very well in that I can have a good grip on my Rollei and focus with the same hand. I have used it a lot like that with a vivitar 285 and it is fine. However one problem I have with that is that when you set the camera down you have to lay it on it's back, it won't sit up on that bracket. So I found that putting a flat hex plate for a bogen quick release on the bottom gives it a platform to sit on. long as you don't bump it too hard. One could probably fabricate a metal plate and put it on the bottom of the bracket for a base.

Sometimes I use a Metz Flash system with the large flash on the big handle. Then I put on the Rolleifix because wrestling with the large flash and bracket is a significantly bigger pain the backside than the little angle bracket. Again though to sit the camera down you must lay it down. Makes me nervous.

On Nov 24, 2007, at 10:43, Robert Marvin wrote:

I used to use an angle bracket attached as Jan describes, to the left. I've recently started using a Sunpack 544 "potato masher" flash attached in the same way and find it easier to use because it provides a far more secure grip. Removing the flash to re-load the camera is still a PITA, but a Rolleifix attached to the flash helps a bit.

Bob Marvin

On Friday, November 23, 2007, at 11:25  PM, Jan Decher  wrote:

What do people use to attach electronic flashes to their older
Rolleis?...